Thread: Wireless Lan issues on Asus F83Se notebook

Wireless Lan issues on Asus F83Se notebook

Hello there, I have recently bought an Asus F83Se notebook which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. I am trying to connect the notebook to the Linksys wireless router which is connected to the desktop computer which is working on Windows XP but I am not able to. The laptop shows connection status as Connected, but I am not able to open any websites on the laptop. I am not that well versed in computers and hence want to know how to solve Wireless LAN issues on Asus F83Se notebook? Any help regarding the topic is more than welcome.

Re: Wireless Lan issues on Asus F83Se notebook

I think the router which you are using is not configured properly due to which you are facing such problem. For sharing the connection between different computers, the router has to be configured properly. Enter the default IP address of the router in the address bar of the browser and hit enter. Provide the correct authentication information. Open the configuration page and see if the router is configured as per the settings. If not then make necessary changes and save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the laptop is able to connect to the router.

The devices which are connected to the router using the Wireless connection are assigned IP address by the DHCP running on the router. If the DHCP on the router is not working properly then the devices which are connected using Wireless will not get the IP address assigned properly and hence the devices will not be able to access all the resources of the network. Therefore I would suggest that you disable the DHCP on the router and then enable it again. After re-enabling DHCP on the router, check the connectivity of the laptop with the router.

Try connecting the laptop to the router using a wired connection. Take a Cat 5 straight cable and connect the laptop to the router. After doing the physical connection between the router and the laptop, open the network connection wizard and go to TCP/IP utilities. Configure the IP address, Default Gateway and DNS addresses as provided by the Internet service provider. Once done save and apply the settings and reboot the laptop. Check if you are able to connect to Internet on the laptop.

The problem which you are facing can be due to the firewall or any antivirus which is installed on the computer. All the security softwares which are installed on the computer block all the unknown traffic which is originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic desired by the user also gets blocked. Therefore try and disable the realtime shield of the antivirus and disable the firewall and check if Internet is accessible or not.

There is a high possibility that the network card which is installed on the computer is not working properly. The main function of the network interface card is to establish and maintain the connection to the network. Hence if the network interface card is not working properly the device will not connect to the network. Hence check the network interface card by pinging the software interface port. Click on start and select Run. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. If there are any errors in data sent and received then you will have to replace the network interface card as it is faulty.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on it for proper working. If the drivers which are supported by the device are not installed then the device will not work. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on my computer and select Device manager. Follow troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. Try and update the drivers if the troubleshooting does not help.