Thread: Benefits of establishing VPN Network

Benefits of establishing VPN Network

Hi,
    I am trying to setup an vpn network on my system. I need some features and characteristic of vpn network which my users can benefit from. My primary work is some file sharing but I think we can do more here. I am not so good in network but I need some help in setting up security on the network. What is the disadvantage of this method. Thanks in advance.

Re: Benefits of establing a VPN Network

The VPN access is used to enable mobile users to access the private network. The user uses an Internet connection to establish VPN connection. There are two cases. The user requests to the ISP it establish an encrypted connection to the remote server, it communicates with the NAS (Network Access Server) and the ISP is the Nas that establishes the encrypted connection. The user has its own client software for the VPN in which case it directly establishes an encrypted communication to the corporate network.

There are some advantages and disadvantages of this method. Here first allows the user to communicate across multiple networks by creating multiple tunnels, but requires an access provider offering a NAS solution compatible with the VPN chosen by the company. In addition, the connection request by the NAS is not encrypted This can pose security problems.

The second method which is mentioned in the first reply shows that the information will be encrypted when establishing the connection. By cons, this solution requires that each client carries with it the software, enabling it to establish an encrypted communication. We see that to overcome this problem some companies are introducing Vpn Ssl-based, technology implemented in most Internet browsers on the market.

Whatever the connection method chosen the importance of having VPN is strong authentication of users. This authentication can be done by checking the user id and password by an algorithm called Tokens secure or digital certificates. The Intranet VPN is used to connect two or more intranets them.This type of network is particularly useful in a company with multiple remote sites.

Re: Benefits of establishing VPN Network

A VPN system must implement the following features. First User Authentication. Only authorized users are able to identify the virtual network. In addition, a history of connections and activities on the network must be preserved. Second Address Management. Each network client must have a private address. This private address should remain confidential. A new customer must provide easily connect to the network and receive an address.

Re: Benefits of establishing VPN Network

VPN networks provide Encryption during their transport over public data must be protected by an effective encryption. If offers you key management, the encryption keys for the client and the server must be generated and regenerated. It also supports multiprotocol. The VPN solution must support the most popular protocols used on public networks, especially IP.