Thread: Wireless problems on a DELL XPS

Wireless problems on a DELL XPS

I am using an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection driver of version 12.4.4.5 on my Dell XPS M1330. I have installed Window Vista 32-bit Home Premium on this laptop. Actually u have installed this version recently. Bluetooth is not enabled also. Since i have moved my laptop to new home, I am not able to use my wireless most of the time. What could be the problem over here?

Re: Wireless problems on a DELL XPS

I did not got your problem exactly but i think you should try to connect your laptop with an internet from the safe mode of your windows vista operating system. You have to restart your computer then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. Now your laptop boots in safe mode and check that is it having the same problem.

I think you have some genuine problem which must be seen after the failure of wifi card. But i think it should be working in the safe mode. You must try using some other wifi pc-card and check that is it working it or not. Is it internal one or an external card? Or some other idea that i can give is changing the wifi channel on the router and make sure that the SSID and the security is WPA are not disabled.

I think you must reinstall the drivers for your windows vista operating system as this could be the issue in your laptop for not connecting with the wireless internet. Be sure that you remove the old drivers before installing with the new one. You might have to install Dell QuickSet software which affects on the wireless catcher switch.

I have seen this kind of problem when i sit with one of my friends laptop besides my laptop and my laptop just do not connects with the wireless connection. It can work in all the conditions but it just acts like a dumb when it goes closer to my friend's laptop. I think the problem was frequency of both the wireless connections. Your laptop should be in a good network area to use a wireless internet connection.

I suggest you to use some other Wifi Card on your windows vista operating system and check that whether it is working now or not. Or you may use your wifi card on some other laptop which confirms that is there any problems with your card or not. This could be the simplest way to check out the core of a problem resulting in a slow or a dead wireless connection.