Thread: Network printing with Linksys WPSM54G

Network printing with Linksys WPSM54G

I have three system of apple at my home and i want to connect them on the network so that i can share the printer on all the systems. I have the Linksys WPSM54G router. I want to start the Network printing with Linksys WPSM54G on all the Apple Mac system that i have. So can it be possible. What are the steps to configure that?

Re: Network printing with Linksys WPSM54G

You will have to install the printer on the main system on the network properly. After that share this printer on the network of the connected Apple Mac system through the Linksys WPSM54G router. After that you will be easily use and print the documents from all the Apple Mac systems on the Linksys WPSM54G router. It will work out easily.

For configuring the network printer using the Linksys WPSM54G router first of all you should provide the operating system you are using in all of your Apple Mac desktop systems. Because it will be difficult for us without knowing the operating system of your Mac systems. We are asking this because you have not mentioned this in your query.

If you are having the Mac OS X 10.5 in the Apple Mac then the procedure for configuring the network printer is given below.
    1. Choose File > Print, and then choose Add Printer from the Printer pop-up menu.
    2. Select the printer in the dialog that appears and click Add.
      • The dialog lists Bonjour, AppleTalk, IP, shared, and Open Directory printers. You may need to wait a short while before your printer appears.
    3. If you don’t see your printer, try one of the following:

• To connect to an AppleTalk printer, click AppleTalk in the toolbar, select the zone the printer is in, select the printer, and click Add.
    • If AppleTalk wasn’t enabled already, clicking AppleTalk enables it.
    • To connect to an IP printer, click IP in the toolbar and enter the printer’s information.
    • To print to another type of printer, click More Printers, choose the type of printer from the pop-up menu, select the printer, and click Add.

Thanks Tomaz, I had properly followed the procedure given by you for configuring the network printer in the Mac OS X 10.5 using the Linksys WPSM54G router and guess what it worked properly and now i am able to print the douments from all the Apple Mac systems connected to the network. So thanks once again for helping.