Thread: Can ping dns but unable to browse internet

Can ping dns but unable to browse internet

I am able to ping DNS but i can't browse internet on my computer. I am facing this problem from few days. I have tried to solve this problem by troubleshooting but nothing happened. Then i did the backup of c drive & then formatted the c: drive of my computer and re-installed windows XP. Then i changed the TCP/IP stack a lot of time . I have seen that whenever i uninstall the lancard & then reinstall it again, i am able to access internet but for limited period. Please help me with this problem that i am facing it..

Re: Can ping dns but unable to browse internet

I think you need to check out with the internet provider and ask them to solve this problem which you are facing it right now. Also you can check out the settings of your internet with the help of the option which you get in the local area network and in that you can check out the ip address and also with all the settings which are necessary for the internet.

You can also check out with the browser which you are using for browsing internet. As you have said that you are able to pind dns but you are not able to browse internet. By this i can say that there is a problem with the browser which you are using for the internet. Just check out all the settings on the browser and also you can check with some other browser by using it on your computer.

Also you can solve this problem by uninstalling the current browser from your computer and then re-install it back and then check out with by browsing the internet. So if you want then you can check out with the service that you use for the internet. Just check it by asking to the service provider and if they say that there is some issue with the internet then i think you have to wait for the solution.

I think you can also check out with the firewall protection which might have active on your computer. So if you want then you can disable it and then check out by browsing it with the web browser on your computer. If you are able to browse then you can disable the firewall which can unprotect your computer or else you can use some other browser which can protect your computer from the virus threats.

What browser are you using ? Use Mozillla
    Try reset the modem if single PC configure it to pppoe mode.
    Is your lan cable ok !
    please provide more details

Have nice day!
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB