Thread: Netgear Wireless Card Problems

Netgear Wireless Card Problems

Hello, I have a computer, so I explain that until the market has wonderful dual-core proc, cg Nvidia 8800 GT, 2GB of ram, etc. and so a network card Netgear WG311 V3, all this under Windows Vista 64 bit all bets made a day (service pack all this) music. But there is little I added a 1GB memory chips and more, so I went from 2 to 3 GB of RAM, I run my pc everything goes well in appearance except that my network card it does not launch more so can not I connect to my network over the internet I almost bankrupt die. Anyway I'll check out my network card in the device manager and I see says "error code 10", using Windows XP means it's probably a driver error. I hope someone on the web and through this forum will help me be able to find a software solution.!!
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Netgear Wireless Card Problems

By looking at your query I think that there are lot chances that your wireless card has been damaged. You should try the everything from the start. First format your machine and then install the proper driver of the chipset first. Then you can install the other drivers remaining. Since you have not mentioned the model of your system, I am not sure that you need UAA drivers. If you need that then install it. Only after installing that you can install the sound and network card. So try all this and even then its not working then you have to contact the service center.

Boot and config panel then network connections (or network connection and internet connection and network), then the local network connection for the ethernet or usb. After that connect to wireless network wifi and right click properties. (On vista you must click to continue) Then in the white rectangle you for Windows XP and previous Internet protocol TCP / IP to select from by clicking on it (it should be highlighted) and then clicking on properties below right vista is the same manipulation except that for the protocol with between ipv4 ().

I have exactly the same problem with my hd freebox and wireless card netgear wg 511t. it is three days I'm looking in all directions but to no avail. connection is always limited or nonexistent. Any advice and any help will be welcome.!! I have tried many things even the re-installation didn't helped me. So you think that its really issue of wireless card..??

The problem on the Netgear WG311 card is that it scans the channels 10,11,12 and 13. Thus, in particular on the Freebox, if the option "Automatically select the channel" is activated, and although a channel has been selected, the Freebox may issue a channel not covered by the Netgear wireless card. By selecting on the page Free WiFi (or another hub or ISP) channel and unchecking the option to choose the channel automatically operates again from the restart all the freebox.