Thread: Wifi Connection at startup

Wifi Connection at startup

Hello,
    I have Mandrake 10 on my PC and a wireless PCI card. I have already managed to connect to the internet but my problem is that at every reboot the connection is not established and I'm looking for more than half an hour because I still do not understand fully the development building networks. So, any explanation is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Wifi Connection at startup

Hello,
    I'll make new tests using DHCP, in this case I still need to type the following commands if the connection works with the router?
    Here is it
    Code:
    255255255255 route add-host dev ra0

route add-net 192.168.0.0/24 gw 192.168.0.2
    route add default gw 192.168.0.2
    Please see if this helps you

Hello,
    Is there no / etc / network / interfaces? Normally, at least in debian, it's that we put in the configuration of network devices (@ ip, netmask, etc. ...). then doth already ca otherwise, if it has a specific architecture mandrake. In terms of launch configuration iwconfig, I wonder if there is not also a configuration file where you could set these parameters, but I do not know much about it, but can be a quick find /-name iw would you find a file that appears to serve this.

Hello,
    Yes, I agree with the above post, otherwise, what you can do is add your commands (iwconfig ra0 essid foo ...) in the rc.local file (I know it is directly in / etc or / etc / init.d). The rc.local file contains all the user scripts that you want to call the end of boot normally. This may be a alternate solution so you can try this.

Hello,
    If DHCP is running, your interface will be configured, and normally when an interface is "up" roads are created automatically, so you should need to do anything. If this is not the case, or that the road is not the one you want, always the same thing, put your scripts in rc.local, it should work.

Hello,
    So I'll get into the test with DHCP. I wish I had a script but as I said before I do not know in what order to put these commands since that whenever I resumed the controls that worked the time before it does not work and I receive a message "network not found" when I try a "ping google.com". I'll wait a bit to test because if I reboot with a misconfiguration I may spend hours to find how to connect.
    www.techarena.in