Thread: Deleting Packed:W32/Krypt virus

Deleting Packed:W32/Krypt virus

Please tell me how to delete Packed:W32/Krypt virus. Since this virus has infected my system badly and the system is taking a much longer time to get for restarting. so i need to get it removed as early as i can. please tell me a way so that i can get rid of this antivirus application as soon as possible.

Re: Deleting Packed:W32/Krypt virus

It appears as you have not updated the virus definitions of the antivirus program which you are using . Since the antivurs application is not detecting the threats and hence i would suggest you to install the virus defintions on your system before scanning the system using the antivirus application may solve your problem.

This is a Generic Detection that identifies a multitude of files that have been packed in a certain way. This detection is displayed using the name 'Gen:Heur.Krypt.10'. The best and effective tool for removing this virus or threat is the F-Secure antivirus application on your system. F-Secure Internet Security 2010

Have you tried the Microsoft security essential to remove this virus. It appears as you haven't. So what i would suggest you is that try to download the Microsoft security essential antivirus application on your system for removing this virus from your system. It is a free antivirus application available freely from microsoft website.

Try to restore your system to a date prior to this infection so that this infection is removed from the system also i would suggest you not to rely on the Microsoft security essential antivirus application since this virus does the same thing in large number of similar cases so try a different antivirus application.