Thread: Infected with BackDoor-EPK virus

Infected with BackDoor-EPK virus

I am using a desktop computer which is running with windows 7. Recently when i downloaded a new small tiny application on my system and installed it, right after the installation it started giving some pop-up alerts that your system is infected with BackDoor-EPK virus. Please help me how to get rid of this application.

Re: Infected with BackDoor-EPK virus

You have not mentioned the antivirus application which you are using and also you have not mentioned whether you have updated the virus definition. I think that you need to update the virus definition before scanning the system. Since this will provide all the information about the virus which are released recently.

I will suggest you to install the AVG free edition antivirus for getting rid of this application since so far i have used this it appeared to be a very powerful application since it provides a complete protection about the viruses Trojans malwares, spywares and adwares. You can download it from the following link http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...ofessional.htm
    Last edited by Spyrus; 21-04-2010 at 02:51 AM.

McAfee antivirus application is one of the best antivirus application. I have used the antivirus application personally and it works very nicely this antivirus application removes all the viruses which are present in my system. i will recommend you to install the McAfee antivirus on your system to get rid of this virus.

As far as i know you must use the Microsoft Security Essential in order to fix this virus. The Microsoft Security Essential provides very good protection to all your data. Also Microsoft Security Essential is available freely from the Microsoft website. The virus definition can be updated freely too.