Thread: Imac unable to get online

Imac unable to get online

I am running with an older Imac with OS 9.1. It was configured and implemented on a college dorm network and then after assigned to me. I have attempted to get online with it with the network cable from my ATT combo Modem/router.

When I goes to click on Internet Explorer, the dialog box pops - up and says, "The application Internet Assistant could not be opened because the "Internet Access" could not be found.

This is first time when I installed Mac on my computer and spent a lot of time to get it on the internet. Would you all help me to find the solution associated with the generated error.

You have installed the OS as a fresh installation and be sure that you have configured the connection properly.

You need to update the installed operating system to get anything that is fresh to work on it. Do you have some associated information on the imac that you have installed within the system ? OS X released in 2001 so if you only have os9 on that mac, i think it's very old and there would be a some restriction to detect the new technology and you can perform at a limit on that.

There may be different reason that can occur the issue of the internet connection but primarily, you need to look over the connection of your devices and the settings that are required to get the absolute connection should be configured with the proper values of the connection.

The following reason can be the issue of the connection :

1. Check your physical connection.
    2. Need to configure the router with the proper description.
    3. Test through the internet connection wizard.
    4. Check the internet explorer private settings to get the internet connection.

I also have done some physical configuration and tried to get online with network cable with my Modem/Router but unable to get the proper solution and nothing happened .

I got cable has been destroyed and can't be used as much. I used another cable but tried to fix the issue but the same thing is going on Any ideas experts , would be really appreciated ?

I have some collection of very use information that can guide you for your newer mac and the highest level of osX is panther and that is 10.3, you can visit on the mac's official site to get more and more details regarding the new research and implementation for your newly operating system.

I think, It can provide you some insight into the world of mac however they have come along way since your machine and the operating system is miles better than the best that machine will run on.