Thread: How to remove Troj/Zbot-NY ?

How to remove Troj/Zbot-NY ?

I have recently bought a new computer system on which i have installed a windows xp and as i do not have any anti virus software. I have just started the surfing on an internet and found that it started working so slowly. Then i thought to scan my computer which i have done it online and then found Troj/Zbot-NY on my computer. Please help me to remove Troj/Zbot-NY from my computer.
    Last edited by Kaufman; 18-04-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Re: Hwo to remove Troj/Zbot-NY ?

I have seen that Troj/Zbot-NY is a latest virus which has been seen on infected windows operating system. I would suggest you to remove this virus from your computer as soon as possible as it might make your windows operating system of no use. You can use any of the updated versions of an anti virus which would be able to remove this virus from its core.

Re: How to remove Troj/Zbot-NY ?

Troj/Zbot-NY is a virus from the family of trojan which has an ability to send some informations about your computer system to an attacker which in turn can access your computer with out your information. I think you should remove this virus from your computer as soon as possible. I have provided you the link from where you can download the Norton Anti Virus which is a good software to clear the the viruses from your windows computer.

If you can not remove any viruses from your computer then you must try to do the same from the Safe Mode of windows operating system. You have to keep on pressing the F8 key when your computer system gets started. This will take you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. In safe mode all the system files of your computer gets safe from an infected file.

If you do not have any security software which can secure your windows computer system from the viruses then never mind as you can also remove the viruses manually once you have found an infected files. First of all you have to remove an infected file then go to the task manager to kill all the infected processes. You can go to the Start > All Programs > Windows Defender where you can see the publishers of processes. Note that almost all the infected processes does not have any publisher that is Unknown Publisher.