Thread: Malware is affecting MSN contacts

Malware is affecting MSN contacts

My computer is running Windows Vista operating system and some type of malware has entered in my system, which the McAfee antivirus is not able to delete. The main situation is that Malware is affecting MSN contacts. Actually, it is sending messages to the contacts in MSN messenger. I am not able to stop it. Kindly help me with suitable solutions to get rid of this issue.

Format the system

I suppose that the Malware is affecting MSN contacts because it has taken over the system. This is the reason why it is responding in an unusual way, that is sending messages to all the contacts in the messenger list. According to me, you must format the system and install a fresh copy of the operating system. If you try repairing the older system, then the threat may remain in the system.

Install an anti-malware

There is no need to worry if the Malware is affecting MSN contacts. You simply need to install an anti-malware. I would suggest you Spyware Doctor because it is the best anti-malware available in the market. It will be able to monitor all the activities that are going on within the computer. Thus, the malicious activities will be monitored and thus, will be eradicated from the system.

Uninstall MSN messenger completely

I suppose that the infection has affected the messenger only. So, there is a need to uninstall MSN messenger completely. Simply, removing it from the Control Panel will not help. Use "SpeedUP My PC" for this purpose. It will help you to remove all the files of the same from the system, without leaving a trace. In short, the system will become clean from the application. There is a possibility that the infection will go away with the messenger.

Change the MSN password

It seems that someone has taken over your MSN account with the help of some malicious program. This is why the Malware is affecting MSN contacts. My advice to you is to change the MSN password. The one who has taken over your account will not be able to access your account after that. Just try it out, if it works or not. If it does not, then just let me know about it.

Boot scan the computer

If the Malware is affecting MSN contacts, then boot scan the computer with the help of the Avast antivirus. It is necessary to install this particular antivirus, as all the antivirus do not provide this feature of boot scanning. So, after you have installed it, start the boot scan. The system will ask for a restart. The computer will reboot and the scan will take place before the startup of the operating system.