Thread: Kav4proxy With Squid Doesn't Block 3 Of 4 Eicar Test-Files

Kav4proxy With Squid Doesn't Block 3 Of 4 Eicar Test-Files

Hi, I am having the Server of the Debian 4.0 and it is having the all of the patched installed. I have Squid: v.3.0-STABLE1 and also the kav4proxy v.5.5-39 (binded through ICAP to squid). I have the problem of the working of it. When I was testing it, only the "eicar.com.txt" gets findout and it was blocked by the kav4proxy. And the "eicar.com" and "eicar.zip" are not authenticated by the kav4proxy. I want to know the problem behind this. If you are having any solution for this then please help me to get that.

Re: Kav4proxy With Squid Doesn't Block 3 Of 4 Eicar Test-Files

Hello, I am not actually getting your problem. If you elaborate it more then I can help you for solving your problem. I have read your problem, but it is not possible for me to understand it, if you give me more details, then I will able to get the solution for your problem. So, if you are having details for it, then provide that to me, so I can simply understand it and get solution for your problem.

Hello, you need to again test your Squid. As it may be possible that the Squid is not giving you proper solution when the HTTP traffic passes through the SQUID. So, if the SQUID is not giving you solution for the checking the traffic which is passing through it, then you need to troubleshoot it. It may be also possible that your traffic is not passing through the SQUID. You can check that by simply typing anything in your browser and then checking whether it is working or not.

Hello, have you find out anything related to the log file of the kavicapserver.log. You must need to check that. And you must see that whether the traffic is passing through the kavicapserver or not. After checking that you will able to get the solution for your problem. As the problem which you are getting is most of time occur when the traffic don't go through the kavicapserver and due to that you get such kind of problem. So, simply solve that by testing that.

Hello, if you are getting this problem, then there must be some or the other error file must be exist which is giving the problem. So, if you want to check that then you must need to find out the kavicapserver.log file from your server. After that you need to check the log file and by the use of that you will able to get the error for your problem. From that you will get the overview of the exact problem and from that either you will simply get the solution by solving the problem. If you don't understand the problem then simply provide that here, so, I will solve that problem.