Thread: Virus detected at startup

Virus detected at startup

Hello,
    I have just installed linux and every thing went very well. But when I reboot, there was in the back, something that asks me if I want Linux, Windows, Fail .. or floppy. When I type windows or linux or others, I live after a red screen that tells me that a virus has been detected. Can any one help me with this. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Virus detected at startup

Hello,
    Even I do have a similar kind of a problem. Indeed, yes it is a conflict between the AV Bios. Good, I know it's not dangerous, it's going better but to know what line I need to put the bios disabled because I am not a connoisseur of the BIOS (just know the basics and essential lines). Any more help regarding this topic will help me. Also, if you know an good anti-virus for linux then please let me know.

Hello,
    In fact, it spotted that your boot sector had been changed, which is normal since there lilo now. you must switch back to win, and you turns your anti virus (its is pointless things here ) or at least you do it for the parameter over the gaff. I guess I am correct here and this will help you. If you need any more help please post back with your query.

Hello,
    Yes, I confirm that it has nothing to do with any antivirus program, since it would need be instructed to run. In fact, it is a BIOS option (whose name and position varies with the version of BIOS) that is involved. We must find that (it's usually fairly clear that there is no ambiguity). The only thing that makes this function is to verify that the MBR of the disk has not been modified since the activation of this option. In any case it is able to identify a possible virus.

Hello,
    It is in the rom bios that happens. Little research in google and Additional features found on the Chaintech CT-7AJA include, Trend ChipAway protection for the BIOS, connectors RX / TX for the infrared and starting the keyboard or mouse and or timer. I guess this is what you want. If not then please specify what is your exact needs.