Thread: certificate lost

certificate lost

Hello everyone,
    Recently my computer was crashed and i was forced to format the harddisk of my computer. Unfortunately i was unable and have missed to do the backup from the e-mail certificate. If now i revoke the certificate to reuse the certificate and if it is reissued, then can i be able to read the previously encrypted mails or it is not possible to have it. Please provide me the confirmation for it..

Re: certificate lost

I think you need to try to go on the official website of the comodo and then you can check out for the specific help for your problem and also if you want then you can go on the google search and there you can find some of the best solution for your problem. As i think you need to check it out with the certificates settings in your computer.

If you have formatted your computers hard disk then you need to get another one comodo certificate and with that you can set the whole defaul settings which was previously used on your computer and then if you want then you can also go on the offical website of the comodo and from there you can download comodo certificate it for free.

I think once you have encrypted any of the mails and also you have used it with the other server, i think you cannot open the previous encrypted mail as they can be only decrypted by a software which are available on the internet and with the help of the software you can decrypt and then you can see the mails without any problem which you think that you cannot use it.

You have only two choices to use the encrypted, the first thing is that you can have your encrypted mails with the help of the comodo certificates that needs to be installed on your computer and the other thing is to have a software which can help you to decrypt the mails and then you can use see the mails without any of the problem facing.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain