Thread: Avast! on Small Business Server 2008 ADNM, SQL and Service Errors

Avast! on Small Business Server 2008 ADNM, SQL and Service Errors

Hi there, i am having problem in setting up the Avast on the Small business Server 2008 which i have got wanted to Avast ADNM to work with the same. I am using the SQL Express 2005 x64 for database support. I have installed the SQL and create database known as Avast. When i an installing the ADNBM there is no issue. But on the ADNM console when i am clicking on then detect the server it is not having any. so i have selected my server which gives me errors i.e. 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it Unable to login as Administrator or connection error'. So if possible help me with the Avast! on Small Business Server 2008 ADNM, SQL and Service Errors Thank you.

Re: Avast! on Small Business Server 2008 ADNM, SQL and Service Errors

I am having the same problem with the same SBS 2008 which i have searched a lot for the solution of the same and finally i have come to know that i had installed the Small Business Server 2008 properly.So i have taken care of the installation and the same is started working for me. So i think if you will also take care of the installation with the proper step then you can also achieve the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
    I am having the same problem with the same SBS 2008 which i have searched a lot for the solution of the same and finally i have come to know that i had installed the Small Business Server 2008 properly.So i have taken care of the installation and the same is started working for me. So i think if you will also take care of the installation with the proper step then you can also achieve the same.
    I have reinstalled the same with the proper specification and stpe that involve in the installation of the same but no help with this also. So if you can please help more with the same.

If the above is not working then let me tell you that this is causing because of the a program which is coming with the Small Business Server 2008 and known as the Microsoft's little A/V program which some time having problem running the same. So if this is the problem then i will suggest you to uninstall the same and find that it is working now or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
    If the above is not working then let me tell you that this is causing because of the a program which is coming with the Small Business Server 2008 and known as the Microsoft's little A/V program which some time having problem running the same. So if this is the problem then i will suggest you to uninstall the same and find that it is working now or not.
    Hey Friend i have tried the same but let me tell you it does not work after the Uninstallation of the Microsoft's little A/V program. So what next.

Download the Express Edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. SQL Server Express is a powerful and reliable data management product that delivers rich features, data protection, and performance for embedded application clients, light Web applications, and local data stores. I have installed the same for mine and it is working all fine