Thread: How to turn of Wifi in Win 7

How to turn of Wifi in Win 7

I am running with desktop HP computer and Windows 7 is installed there. The Wireless light is like going to be on. Although I have connected directly wired into a cable modem. I can also see neighborhood connections. I would not desire to set up or requires a wireless network in the foreseeable future, so no loss there.

Do you all have any idea to turn off the wireless and is this a security risk.

Hello,

I am getting your point but if really don't want to use the wifi connection then besides of going physical connectivity, you can use the system provided tools to manage the connection because I think, you are not going to release the connection permanently.

If you definitely don't want to use wifi, the simplest method of getting rid of it is commonly to disable the wireless card from Device Manager. Or the last option as you are going for physical connectivity then remove the wireless card altogether.

Hello guy,

If your wireless carrier enables Wi-Fi on your device,then in that case, you can turn on Wi-Fi for a wireless connection. By default, Wi-Fi is switched off when you first boot your device. To minimize drain on the battery, Wi-Fi is turned off by default each and every time that you turn off your device. You must turn it on when you need to use the device at appropriate time .

Thanks

There is one of the simple step if you are a new user of windows 7 and need to turn off the wifi connection for a while. just follow the procedure to do that :

1. Click on Start menu and choose Settings then Connections tab then after Wireless Manager.

2. Click on the Wi-Fi button. If it is turned off, the button is a lighter color and shows an icon marked with an X that will indicate sign of turn off .

3. Click on Done to save changes.