Thread: Virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf

Virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf

Hello friends, I am facing a weird situation in my system with the Windows Vista operating system. The problem is that the virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf. I am using Kaspersky antivirus and it is not proving to be of any help to eradicate this problem. Whenever I insert any external drive, these 2 files get written onto them. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please provide some help to solve this problem.

Always scan the externals connected to the system

Inorder to solve the problems like virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf, it is recommended that one must always scan the externals connected to the system before they are opened. This is because once the externals are opened, the infections simply get executed. Anyways, not the infection is there in your system and I am quite sure that Kaspersky will not help you in any way to get rid of this situation.

Install AVG antivirus

There is no need to worry if the virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf and if the current antivirus is not helping in this situation. You just need to install AVG antivirus, that has been recommended by many of the experts for the deletion of threats like trojans, worms and all sorts of virus. Scan and remove all the unhealed infections from the system with the help of this particular antivirus.

Boot scan will help

I have tried using AVG antivirus in such a situation that the virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf. But, this antivirus was also not successful in that situation. But, then I used Quick Heal antivirus. The boot scan will help. This scan is a special feature that is provided by this antivirus. This scan will actually start after restating the system and will be continued before the operating system loads into the computer.

Format the computer

I guess that you will have to format the computer inorder to resolve the issue that the virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf. The infections have been entered into the system files and have corrupted the same. This is why particular files are created when a portable is inserted. So, the only solution is to format the system and install a new copy of Windows into your computer.

Enable a system restore

The issue of virus spreads by portable devices by infecting the recycler and autorun.inf has started at a particular time, which means that the computer was free of it at a particular time. So, you just need to enable a system restore with the help of the option of factory settings. This will remove all the installed components in the system along with the infections if any. The operating system becomes clean and thus, remains unharmed when this method is used.