Thread: Peculiar Internet connectivity Problem Please Help : Toshiba L 500 D6310

Peculiar Internet connectivity Problem Please Help : Toshiba L 500 D6310

The following are the specifications of the laptop which I am using Toshiba satellite L500 D 6310 with Windows Vista home premium, 3 GB RAM, 320 GB hard disk, intel wireless lan driver. I used to connect the laptop to the Dlink Wireless router to access the Internet but now the laptop shows that it is connected to the router but I am not able to access the Internet. I have heard that it is a common problem with the toshiba laptop and hence I need solution for solving the Peculiar Internet connectivity problem with Toshiba L 500 D6310 laptop. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Peculiar Internet connectivity Problem Please Help : Toshiba L 500 D6310

The devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. Drivers are the translators between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed on the computer, then the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on my computer and select device manager. Highlight Network card and follow the troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. If troubleshooting does not help, then try and update the drivers.

The DHCP running on the router is responsible for assigning IP addresses to all the devices which are connected to the router using Wireless connection. If the DHCP running on the router is not working properly then the devices which are connected to the router will not get the IP assigned. Such devices will not be able to access all the resources of the network. Therefore check if the DHCP on the router is working properly or not. Login to the router and then disable the DHCP. Reboot the router and then enable the DHCP again. Save the configuration and see if the router is working or not.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus as there is high possibility that the system is infected with some virus. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain website or while downloading some data from the internet. Some virus's have the tendency of broadcasting unnecessary data on the communication channel due to which the channel gets flooded with information. If such a situation occurs then the router blocks the port on which the broadcast is received. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. Repair the files which are infected and then check the performance of the computer.

This is a common problem which is faced by many of the users of toshiba laptops. The wifi connection on the laptop drops in between due to which internet cannot be accessed. To get the proper solution to this problem, you will have to take the laptop to the authorized service center and get the laptop checked. If there are any problems, it will be listed. If the laptop is under warranty then it will be serviced for free. If the laptop is out of warranty then some service charge, along with the cost of hard ware replaced will be levied.