Thread: Product Key - No place to put it on Avast 4

Product Key - No place to put it on Avast 4

I am using windows xp on my computer and have installed an Avast 4 on my laptop. Actually i have used this version of an avast before also but was working perfectly. But as my brother have bought a new laptop on which i have installed the same version but the box came up once for putting up the product key. But at that time i was not having key with me so i just left it but now that box is not appearing again so where so i put this product key now? I have noticed that there is an 'orange' ball for the on access scanner instead of 'blue', and no VRDB ball with the 'i' on it.

Re: Product Key - No place to put it on Avast 4

I think as you have not put the product key for the first time on an installation of an avast 4 then it might happen that the version of an avast 4 which you are using on your windows xp have continued with the trial version of the same. I think you should keep on using the same software for some time then it will automatically ask for the product key after some days.

If you want to register your version of an avast then i think you should follow these steps. But before that i would like to tell you that the latest version of an avast which is Avast 5 do not have VRDB. Anyway open an Avast Anti Virus which you have installed on your windows xp operating system. Then go to the maintenance where you can find for the registration. Here you would be asked to enter the product key.

I am having the same problem on my avast as i have upgraded my avast version recently from the version 4 to 5 and found that it does not have VRDB. I was the registered user of an avast 4 for which i was having the product key and since i have upgraded it from an official web site of an avast my version 5 is also working with the same key. I think Kaufman, you are trying to enter your product key directly on avast 5 which might not be working for you on another computer system.

If you have installed a avast 4 on your windows xp system then i would like to tell you that you would be having an orange ball instead of blue ball and i think you are not able to find out the VRDB on this version. Not to worry as i have found that where it will, You have to go to the blue ball and right click on it. Here you would be having VRDB there and now you may click for Split to two icons after which you would be having VRDB on system tray.