Thread: DataBase update failure

DataBase update failure

I am receiving this inaccuracy subsequent to republishing information driven web site. I am working on SQL Express, and previous to the preceding publish the entire was running extremely well. I have in addition attempted to attach to the DB using SQL Server Management Studio Express and it claims that the DB is in use by an additional procedure. What is this about.

Re: DataBase update failure

You have to create certain regarding App_Data directory or several contained files does not have file system characteristic Read-only set. This give consumer ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE moderate control in excess of the App_Data directory. After that you have to run IISRESET to restart IIS to refresh its permissions. Then the problem will be solved and run better.

It seems that the folder is in read only method. You be capable of concern the command: ALTER DATABASE DBNAMEHERE SET READWRITE. You can run this on your local system previous to transferring. It worked fine on your dev apparatus, on the other hand when you published the web project, you determine to received the folder is read merely error again.

Here are the steps that you have run on this from the dev apparatus previous to transferring it. It allowances the entire to [the authority\network service] you be familiar with it is not a superior idea to allowance the entire; I am merely ensuring that this is as open as probable. You have to endeavor to assign the entire of the network priviledges necessary, modify the directory to "NOT" read only, shift the files approximately etc.

As for you, you have to make a decision to stop using SQL Server Express Edition to any further extent not including perhaps for the majority near the beginning stages of prototype improvement. In the bug report Microsoft say the trouble is fixed. You have been unwilling to believe this is a bold-faced lie and suppose it is referring to a number of expectations, as-yet-unreleased version but approximately a year later the similar trouble is being exhibited by the majority current release.

Most of them have the similar and lot of troubles getting you folder or records to run as you desire, I am not working a "real" folder or a record but a .mdf file that is integrated in the web project. On the other hand subsequent to doing this. It in conclusion completed things run. This is described above in addition but with the dissimilarity that it in addition tells you to facilitate modify rights for the NETWORK SERVICE.