Thread: Avast registration key URL not working

Avast registration key URL not working

Hi friends,
    I have a computer with Windows Vista operating system, it was affected by a trojan virus last day and it got my computer with black screen of death whenever i reboot, from that day i am trying to repair with GMER. I hope that by running the Avast antivirus it may detect and fix the trojan virus. But the URL it doesn't work and i get an error message error:

404 Page not found.

Please help me i am bot able to remove this virus form the computer.
    Last edited by Harmony60; 10-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Re: Avast registration key URL not working

I think that you need to chek out with the Avast Website and there you can find the solution for your problem. I think that the url which you are trying to use is not write, just go on the official website of avast and then you can have the correct version of the avast antivirus for you computer. And i can say that this is the best antivirus which can remove all the virus threats from the computer.

I think you need to remove the antivirus i.e GMER from your computer and you have to use only one antivirus on your computer. Avast is the best antivirus and you can have it from any of the website where they provide this antivirus. So if you want then you can have it from the avast website and some other like softpedia which they provide this antivirus.

As you have stated that your computer is affected by the virus, because of it i think it had sorrupted the file related to the url which you are trying to access. So i think the first thing is that you need to remove the virus from the computer and then do other things. So first thing is to have the best antivirus on your computer like Nortan, Macafee, AVG, Panda etc. You can have one of this to remove the virus.

I think you need to uninstall the current antivirus from your computer and then check for the updated one of avast antivirus. Then download the free version of the avast antivirus which comes with the 60 days of trial version from any of the website which provides, and after that install it on your computer to remove the virus. If the virus is removed then you can ask for the registration key to buy it.

If you are not able to remove this virus from your computer then i think you need to use the manual method. Here is some method by which you can remove the virus manually:

1. You can remove the virus file through command prompt.
    2. Then find the virus file which can be done through advanced task manager.
    3. After that close the Process.
    4. Then change the file attribute with command prompt on 'Attrib virus.exe -r -h -s'.
    5. Then delete the file with command prompt 'del virus.exe '.
    6. After that go to the registry editor and then search for the virus files and then delete all file related to the virus.