Thread: CVD Extraction Failure Error

CVD Extraction Failure Error

Hi, I am having BartPE disk and ClamWin Portable on a USB stick. If I try to scan my usb with the help of the ClamWin then it give me error message as below:
    CVD Extraction Failure.
    I am having the USB disk is virtually empty and it is of the 4GB in Size. And If I try to make use of that to my hard drive, then also I am getting the same problem. If you are having any solution then please help me.

Re: CVD Extraction Failure Error

Hey, I would suggest you to simply make use of the formatting of your USB disk. If you make use of the formatting of your USB disk then it will simply resolve this error, as the error which you are getting is occur due to the low disk space. So, if your disk is full, then it can give you such kind of problem. So, you need to simply make use of the format for your USB and then you will able to get solved for your problem.

Hello, if you want to resolve this problem then you must need to use the UBCD4WIN. Then go to the run and simply type the temp. Then it will give you B:\ Then you need to remove all of these files and then you will not get any kind of error of the CVD Extraction Failure Error. I have solved it and then you can simply run the ClamWin portable without any problem. So, just do it and get solved your problem.

Hello, the problem you are getting is due to the Temp folder which is used by the ClamWin Portable defined by the system environment variable TEMP. If your BartPE is having the Temp variable set to the Ram drive, then it will get only the 31MB for use. the TEMP var was set to point at the RAM drive which was 31MB. And if your ClamWin Portable is requiring the more space then it will simply give you such kind of error. So, simply set the temp variable to the local drive and get solved for your problem.

Hello, I think you are getting the problem of software. As it may be possible that you are getting the problem due to the problem of the setup. Some of the files from your ClamWin Portable and that is why it is giving you problem. So, simply make use of the new installation of the ClamWin Portable on your USB and then you need to again check whether you are getting the same error message or not. I think you will get solved your problem by the use of new installation.