Thread: Email Scanning in Clamwin

Email Scanning in Clamwin

I have installed the Clamwin which i have configured with the Outlook of mine. Now i am having a query with the Email Scanning in Clamwin. Does it automatically outgoing and incoming email? Also let me know that does it work with outlook express or not. So these are my query if possible then help me with the proper reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Email Scanning in Clamwin

If you have installed the Clamwin in your system and having the support with the outlook the all the emails which are arriving to your inbox and the one which are going out of it will be automatically scanned. Also the email is automatically check for the virus and malware while they are open for the reading. So no need to worry as you have installed the clamwin which detect the virus.

Moving to the next question that you have asked about the integrating the Outlook express with the Clamwin so let me tell you that there is no support for the Outlook express has been introduced in the clamwin. So the clamwin can not be run in the Outlook express which you have asked about. i think it might be released with the outlook express update in future.

If ClamWin is installed with Outlook integration, it will check all incoming and outgoing e-mails for viruses. E-mails are checked automatically when they are opened. If an incoming e-mail has a virus attachment, the attachment will be replaced with a report file. So installed the Clamwin to your computer and integrate it with the Outlook of yours.

First of all thanks to your response that you all are given me regarding my query. Which is enough for me to understand the Clamwin issue. Now wanted to one more thing. I want to know is it possible to configure the hotmail with the Outlook. If possible then let me know how to do the same. Hoping for the response soon.

For that you have to download and install a tool released by the Microsoft to support the Outlook which is known as the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector. After the installation of the same you will be able to configure the Outlook with the Hotmail profile. So install the same and work with the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.