Thread: Trying to update ClamWin Antivirus to v 0.95.3

Trying to update ClamWin Antivirus to v 0.95.3

I have a computer which runs on Windows XP and also i have an antivirus which is called ClamWin antivirus. Recently i was trying to update the antivirus with the latest definitions, and got error messages. Then i cancelled it. But after that when I looked the log fille through the ClamWin, it showed me several warning messages. Then i tried to download the latest version but whenever i try to download, my Internet Explorer 6 shuts down. I check everywhere for the solution but unable to get it, so please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Trying to update ClamWin Antivirus to v 0.95.3

I think you haven't check out that there are blocks which needs to be checked under the Internet Updates configuration option, i.e the first one is the option which is stated as "warn you when your version of ClamWin is outdated" and the second one is "automatically update ClamWin". SO whenever you update your antivirus you need to make sure that they are selected. So just check it out and then try one more time to update it.

I think you need to go on the official webiste of the clam antivirus and there you can check for the update of your current version. When you go on that site just select the updated verison and then you can update your antivirus. If you get this type of error messages then you need go to the official website to have the updated version. Other then you can use some other antivirus which are available for free.

I think you need to re-install the antivirus on your computer which is not updating and then you can have the updated version of the same antivirus on your computer. If you face any problem which is related to the update then the best thing is to remove the current one and then install the updates one. So when you update with new one i think you need to select the best suitable options for your computer.

I have seen that there are most of the other people who have this kind of problem with the antivirus when they try to update it. So if you want then you can check the settings of your antivirus which is not updating and giving you the error, after that try to update it, if the problem persist then you can go on the official website and there just checkout for the solution from the experts.

I think there might be a virus which is causing the problem on your computer and i think it had corrupted any of the important file which is related to the antivirus. So if you want then you can have Avast antivirus on your computer and try to remove the virus which is causing the problem and after the virus is remove then you need to uninstall avast av and then re-install clam av, and update it.