Thread: Multiple clamscan.exe Killing CPU On A Scheduled Scan

Multiple clamscan.exe Killing CPU On A Scheduled Scan

Hello, I am making use of the ClamWin 0.94 on my computer. I have also sheduled a weekly scan. But, it multiplies the clamscan.exe on my computer many times. And due to that problem my computer gets killed. As it is taking the all of the available CPU and due to which it is slowing down my computer. If you are having any solution for resolving this issue then please provide that to me. I will be thankful to you.

Re: Multiple clamscan.exe Killing CPU On A Scheduled Scan

Hello, I think this is quiet different problem. I have tried to checkout the same on my computer which is running the Service Pack 3 and it is not giving me any kind of problem. As all of the scheduled tasks are running on my computer without any problem. I have tried to checkout that and I don't find any problem. So, I want to know the setting which you are using. As it may be possible that you are making use of the wrong setting and that is why you are getting the problem.

Hey, I am making use of the ClamWin 0.94 on my computer and it has not given me any problem till now. But, from two days I am getting the same problem. I have tried to use it as normal, but then come to know that my computer is running slow. So, I simply make use of the Task manager and then check that the multiple instances of the application are running. So, if you are having details about it, Then provide that to me. I will be thankful to you. I have tried to checkout the settings for that, but wont find any useful.

Hey, I think that you are getting this problem due to the infection of the virus. As if your file of the application got infected by the virus then it can simply work as per the virus. So, if the virus is using that file then you will get such kind of problem. As if the virus is making use of that file, then it will simply replicate that file and give such kind of problem. So, I would suggest you to make use of the new installation of this application and you will able to get solved for the problem.

Hey, I think you must need to make use of the following antivirus application then you will able to get the solution for your problem. As it is the problem of the virus infection:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus

Hello, simply follow the steps below:
    • Make use of the Alt+Ctrl+Del and open the task manager.
    • Then you need to make use of the process list.
    • You can simply select the process which is running and then you can stop the each process.
    • Now you need to make use of the restart.
    • Then also if you are getting the same problem then you need to reinstall the application.