Thread: Zenwalk install problem

Zenwalk install problem

Hello Friends,

I am having computer system with Zenwalk. But I have been getting some installation issue for Avast over it. Whenever I try to install the Avast antivirus , I immediately get an error during the unpacking tar.gz file. I am getting following error message:
    Code:
    tar: avast4workstation-1.3.0/lib/avast4workstation/lib/libavastengine-4.so.7: Not able to make link to `libavastengine-4.so.7.0.5': operation not permitted
    I am not getting how to solve this type of issues related to the Avast installation over the Zenwalk. So, please help me to sort out this issue.

Re: Zenwalk install problem

As per your query it seems that, you Avast setup file is might be corrupted. And because of that you are getting the error while unpacking of tar.gz file. I think you need to use fresh setup file of Avast rather than previous one. And then try to install it, and see if you still getting the same issues while unpacking of tar.gz file or not.

There are many factors which may cause issues while installation of Avast antivirus. One of them is that your Zenwalk system is virus infected, and that allows it to complete the installation of Avast antivirus. There also might have chances that the installation file of Avast is itself virus infected. I think one these issue happened with you.

It sounds that your operating system is having some serious issue. Because of that you are not able to complete the installation of Avast. The ultimate solution to get rid over this type of issue is to reinstallation of your operating system. You also need to use new Avast setup setup file. I hope it will definitely solve all your errors related to Avast installation.

I think you need to try following solutions to sort out Avast installation errors:
    • Try with new Avast installation file.
    • Try reinstallation of your operating system.
    • Take help of any computer expert.