Thread: Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows

Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows

I was using the Avast 4.8 Pro but last week i upgraded the avast 4.8 to the Avast 5. The Avast 5 is not allowing me to get in to the login screen and hence i can now work on my system for only few minutes after which the above error arise and hence i can only press the OK button a number of times but nothing happens. please help

Re: Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows

Since you can access your system for about two minutes only i think it would be better if you try to remove the Avast antivirus to which you have upgraded. Since it seems to be the culprit behind all your problems. After removing the antivirus program i think that the problem should get solved.

Thanks you very much for the reply but i think that the steps which you have suggested in the above reply does not proved helpful to me so i would suggest you to give me yet another solution so that i can resolve this whole issue. Also if possible try to specify the reason behind this problem so that i can prevent it in future.

Your system is infected severely and hence you will have to reboot the system in the safe mode so that you can try to resolve this issue. Firstly try to remove the avast antivirus from your system and then reboot the system normally and see whether the system is working properly. i think that it should now work properly.

I think that you should try to restore your system restore returns your PC's system files and programs to a time when everything was working fine, potentially preventing hours of troubleshooting headaches. In Windows 7, System Restore is even more helpful. You can create more system restore points and see exactly what files will be removed or added when your PC is restored.