Thread: Clamwin deleted important Windows startup stuff

Clamwin deleted important Windows startup stuff

Its been 2 years that i am using the Clamwin for securing my windows xp computer system. But yesterday i guess it have deleted some of the Windows Startup files which made my computer blank. Now i just can not start my computer and not even in Safe Mode. Can anybody tell me how to do i start my computer now?

Re: Clamwin deleted important Windows startup stuff

Same issue has happen on my computer but the only difference is about the windows operating system. Even i was using the Clamwin on my windows vista operating system. I got that my computer has been shut off permanently because of Clamwin but how it could happen and how do i start my computer now? I have not used my compute from last one week and facing many problems because of it.

I think at least you should know that which file has been moved off by Clamwin on your computer. Actually you can know that by pressing the F8 key when you try to start your computer. Then select for the "disable automatic reboot" which will show a blue screen and let me know that what this screen says. There must be something useful.

There will be a System File Checker which can be used to restore the needed files which are absent on your windows system. This could be done from the installation disk. Have you tried the system restore which can also remake your windows operating system working. I have seen XP, SP3 ISO file somewhere on internet which can solve your problem. You have to burn it as an ISO file on CD then boot it up. But check it with an anti virus software before running it as the web site from where you get this might have some bad stuff too.

I think you should overwrite the windows version on your system which will be automatically repairing your computer system as it would get a whole new windows. You can do it by using the Automated booting CD of whatever windows you want to install on your computer system. Once you are done with installing the new windows then you may install any of the security system to secure your computer from the viruses. Though if you want to download the ClamWin then you can do it from HERE.
    Last edited by Steve123; 10-04-2010 at 02:14 AM.