Thread: Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned

Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned

I am having a weird problem with the Avast antivirus that I am using in my system along with the Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned. I am not able to get anything in the results of the scan too. Is this any kind of incompatibility issue? Kindly help me with suitable solutions to get rid of this problem.

Clean install or upgradation?

First of all, I need to know that have you done a clean install or upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system. This is because if you have done an upgradation, there will be many issues like Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned, encountered in your system. I suggest you to format the system and enable a clean install of the operating system to avoid such problems in the future.

The version of Avast

You should have mentioned the version of Avast, that you are using in your system, since I could have provided the solution to the problem of Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned accordingly.If it is an old version, then you will have to get rid of the same because old versions of all applications and softwares have incompatibility problems with Windows 7.

Some infection must have taken over the antivirus

Hello there, it seems that some infection must have taken over the antivirus because of which Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned. Actually, some of the features must have been disabled by the infection. This is why even if you are running the scans, it is not able to detect any sort of threat. You will have to uninstall the antivirus and then, restart the system. After that, doing the reinstallation of the same will solve the problem.

The hardware and software evaluation tool

Just give a check that the issue of Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned is an incompatibility tool or not. The hardware and software evaluation tool has to be run in the system for this purpose. If it is shown as an incompatibility tool, then dont worry, since they are many methods to solve the incompatibility problems. My suggestion to you is to quit using this antivirus and search for some other mail scanner that are compatible with Windows 7.

Complements for mail scanners

I have searched the internet and found some complements for mail scanners. You can use any of them if the Mail Scan is running but no emails scanned in the Avast antivirus. I have mentioned them below:
    • MailScan 4 for Internet Anywhere 4.4a
    • Free Antispam Scanner 1.1
    • MailScan 4 for CommuniGate Pro 4.4a
    • MailScan 4 for Mail Server 4.4a
    • Scan to Email 3.1