Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX

Networking & Security

Old 09-04-2010

Help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. I need someone to provide some help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX. I am using Avast antivirus, but it has not been able to get rid of the same. I am not able to understand why it is not able to delete it, even after detection. Kindly help me with suitable solutions to delete this infection from my system. My system has become very slow after this infection has entered my system.

Old 09-04-2010

Update the database of the antivirus

Avast is a very good antivirus, that will provide you the required help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX. I think that it is not able to get rid of the threat because the database of the antivirus is of an older version. So, I guess that you will have to update the database of the antivirus and then, scan the whole system. Just remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during this scan.
Old 09-04-2010

Enable a boot scan

There is a feature if boot scan with the Avast antivirus. So, you will have to enable a boot scan to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX. Boot scan takes place before the operating system loads into the computer. This means that the infections will not be able to execute at this time. As a result of this, the threats will be inactive while the boot scan is going on. Thus, any types of infections can be deleted with the help of this technique.
Old 09-04-2010

Format the computer

According to me, there is a need to format the computer inorder to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX. I suppose that this is the method to be used because the infection has spread through the entire system. The symptom of this is that the computer has become slow. You have mentioned about the same. After formatting, install a new copy of the operating system that you are using.
Old 09-04-2010

System restore is a better method than formatting

One must always remember that system restore is a better method than formatting. Formatting cannot be used as a recommended solution to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX and other such infections. This is because formatting removes the entire operating system along with the infections. But, the system will just remove the infections and other installed components of the system. The operating system will not be caused any harm.
Old 09-04-2010

Install an anti-spyware

Inorder to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX, you must install an anti-spyware. This is because this infection is a trojan, whose files cannot be detected by the normal means of detecting threats. When an anti-spyware is installed in the system, the activities executed by all the applications and programs are monitored by the anti-spyware. When any malicious activity is detected, they will be removed from the computer.
Old 26-10-2010

Re: Help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX

Does performing a system restore to an earlier date will effectively remove this virus ? My anti-virus progam Avast manage to pick it up but are unable to delete nor move to chest . As it prompt me that the file not found .
Old 26-10-2010

Re: Help to delete Win32:Hupigon-ONX

No system restore can not fix everything on the system. Some time it remove the virus from the system but most of the time it is not working. As you are suffering from the Win32:Hupigon-ONX virus attack i will advise you to check out the below given link which is having the detail for the same.

Win32:Hupigon-ONX removal

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,