Thread: Avast for HTC Touch HD

Avast for HTC Touch HD

I have bought a new HTC touch HD on which i am trying to install an Avast pda but it is just not getting installed. I am not getting it that where i am going wrong but with the same procedure my friend have installed it on his phone but yeah that is another thing that he does not use HTC, He has done it on Nokia. Please help me to install Avast PDA on my HTC Touch HD.

Re: Avast for HTC Touch HD

Here i have shown you the system requirements to run the PDA version of an AVAST.
    • For CE version

1. Windows-powered SmartPhone or PocketPC / Handheld (with an ARM, MIPS or SH3/SH4 processor).
    2. Minimum 250KB free memory.
    3. Desktop Software to install such as Microsoft ActiveSync.

• For PalmOS version

1. Palm OS 3.0 or higher
    2. Minimum 40KB of free memory to install program
    3. Desktop Software to install (Palm Desktop and HotSync Application)

PDA edition of an Avast is a security software which has been made for the pocket devices from the viruses. It has became very much common to use an internet on PDA devices which can make them infected by the viruses. If you have installed it on your mobile phone then there are much lesser chances for your PDA to get infected by the viruses.

I think your mobile phone would not be having much space for installing the PDA edition of an AVAST because of which you are not able to install it on your HTC Touch. Or it might happen that your mobile phone would be having some other desktop software which does not support for installing this software. You may try to use some other desktop software. And make sure that your phone has some extra space to install it then it requires.

I think if you are using the HTC Touch HD on which windows operating system is installed then you just do not need any anti virus software to protect your phone. Actually i have heard that it is not possible to write the viruses for windows devices and same is the case with the Symbian. Still if you want to then you may go to an official web site of an Avast where you can find for PDA edition.