Thread: Win32 encountered a problem & needs to be shut down Svchost.exe

Win32 encountered a problem & needs to be shut down Svchost.exe

Hi,
    I am facing issue on my Windows XP PC. I had repaired my windows xp operating system. What I did here, I have some trojan virus in my computer. For fixing I had run a repair option from the windows bootable disc and the checkback. But know while running some application I am facing a error. It is Win32 encountered a problem & needs to be shut down which is related to svchost.ex. How to fix this.

Re: Win32 encountered a problem & needs to be shut down Svchost.exe

I have a small fix tool for that. Search for LopSD.exe file and download it. Install the file. Once you run the setup it will promp you to choose for a language. Provide that and then choose Type 2 which denotes fix + hosts. Hit the enter. Let the file scan the pc. Once done reboot your pc and the try back again to check that the error is coming or not.

This message appears usually on the startup of Windows. I am too facing a similar problem where after 60 seconds of bootup. I had not installed any new application right now for that. I had disabled some services from msconfig but still that does not work properly. I had installed malwarebytes and scanned the same under safe mode. Now it is working.

Clear up your temporary files and run a full system scan under safe mode. Then click on start and then run. Type msconfig and then click on System Configuration Utiltiy. Now here click on startup tab and then keep an eye on the items in the list. Here you can remove those items which are not familiar. Uncheck some times and check back.

You can try the system restore option which worked in my case. Run the pc under safe mode and then click on Start > Program > Accessories > System Tools and System Restore. Choose a old date from the calender and run the restore option. The pc will reboot and your old settings will be restored. This works in most of the case which does not needs re-installation.

I face this similar issue while using Internet Explorer on my Windows machine. When I run the browser after a while a similar message appears denoting Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. For this try this. Run registry editor from run > regedit and hit enter. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContr and remove the key TransportBindName. Reboot your system.