Thread: Help delete win32/Parite virus

Help delete win32/Parite virus

I using a Windows XP Service Pack 3 machine. I have being using this machine with Service pack 3 for the last 2 months and had no issues. But since the last 2 days I am getting alert notifications from my installed AVG anti-virus for the win32/Parite virus. how to fix this? Help me to remove this virus permanently.

Re: Help delete win32/Parite virus

The win32/Parite virus has been noted to have three instances of itself:
    • Win32.Parite.A
    • Win32.Parite.B
    • Win32.Parite.C

And the the three instances are mainly focused to destroy the .exe and .scr extension files there causing the system to crash. Also the virus is known to cause DOS(Denial Of Service) attack, where the user is forbidden of his/her own rights to run or execute any program.

win32/Parite virus also detected as Pinfi virus

Pinfi virus is another name by which the win32/Parite virus have been tracked. Usually this virus is contained in a Webpage of a malicious site. On opening such pages the virus makes an attempt to make its way to the system by displaying false error messages. To safeguard against it scan your computer with an antivirus which is updated.

Boot Windows in Safe Mode

Incase the virus is not being discarded by your antivirus in normal boot mode then you can use the Safe Mode booting to scan your computer. For this you will have to re-boot your computer. Once the computer re-boots you will have to keep tapping the F8 key to get your computer boot to Safe Mode. Then using your installed antivirus run a full thorough system scan to detect and delete the threat.

Use Avast anti-virus

My desktop was infected by the Win32.Parite.B virus. Whenever I booted my desktop it used start re-booting after approximately 20 to 30 minutes. I had installed Kaspersky anti-virus which failed to detect any threats. I then installed Avast anti-virus which helped me to delete the Win32.Parite.B virus by means of the Avast Boot-Time Scan. So I guess you might also try this anti-virus.

Re: Help delete win32/Parite virus

To delete this virus without formatting your hard-drive or re-installing Windows you would have to remove the registry entry made by this virus. My computer had W32.Pinfi which is an instance of the Win32.Parite virus. To remove this virus I had followed the following steps:
    1. Open the run box from the Start Menu.
    2. Type regedit in the run box and hit enter key.(This will open the registry editor)
    3. Look for the following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    4. Delete the Value: PINF from the right pane
    5. Close the registry editor