Thread: BIOS 2.50 erased my Wifi - Satellite L25-S119

BIOS 2.50 erased my Wifi - Satellite L25-S119

I got a newly released version of the BIOS in November 2009.I foolishly decided to flash the BIOS to the new version. After BIOS updating, the computer, I am not sure Windows or at the BIOS level, does not detect that it is connected with a WIFI card. The little WIFI light on the front of the laptop is not blinking and even though I have re-installed both the Atheros LAN driver and the Intel wifi driver but nothing happen .Why it is going on like this and what actually the causes for the non- detection error.

There is the simple one solution, I am going to represent you and I think can be helpful for you .

Try this one . Just Open the HWSetup from the Control Panel to enter into the BIOS setup internally. Check the LAN tab to be ensure that you can enable wireless connection from there and what you are getting actually there, let me know. If nothing you are getting there then you should click on the Default button on the General tab.

There are some trouble shoot information you have to give then I can rectify you for the proper solution. I will ask you few questions and you need to give the answers for each.

1. Have you tried to configure the BIOS settings to its default ?
    2. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters. Are you getting Atheros device there ?
    3. If yes, double-click it and report me what's the status of the device.
    4. Is this the driver you used? In any case, reinstall it again.

Yeah, I am ready for all your queries to solve my problem regarding the detection of the wifi card.

As you asked me to configure the BIOS settings, I have done to the default but there was no any effect of that.I open the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and getting a device what you are asking about and device is working properly.The re-installation of the driver is also not getting much effect on that.

I am sure about this is not the issue of the motherboard because it is working fine with a clean installation and consistently stops working after the multitude of BIOS Updates.

I figured out that the machine does have another WiFi and Thernet controllers in contrast to what tech support told me. It has a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN controller for WiFi. The adapter displays in Device Manager after I perform a System Recovery to the factory settings. but it's no longer in Device Manager after all the BIOS Updates are implemented .