Thread: Erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working

Erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working

My system had been infected with some sort of malware known as Security Central and I tried to remove it with the help of the Kaspersky antivirus, that I have installed in my system. Well, the issue is that I am not able to get rid of the malware because of which my system has become in a vulnerable condition. So, I thought that it will be better to use the recovery disc to get my system in the condition, as it was in the past. But, to my surprise erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working. I am using the Windows 7 operating system. Please help me as to what to do in this situation.

Use proper steps for doing the recovery

I guess that erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working because you are doing some mistake in the recovery. Use must use proper steps for doing the recovery. Use must have tried to do the recovery directly by inserting the disc. It is required that you have to restart the system after the disc is inserted. Then, you have to press F12 before the operating system loads into the computer.

Format the computer

It seems that the malware has affected the entire system very harshly because of which erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working. The best solution to get rid of this particular situation is to format the computer and to install a new copy of the operating system that you are using. It is better than doing a recovery because the infections in the system may remain in the recovery method.

Install an anti-malware

All the antivirus are not able to get rid of the malwares that come into the system. For this, it is necessary to install an anti-malware like Spyware Doctor. It will remove the malware from the system because the entire activities of the system will be monitored with the help of the anti-malware. When any application or program will cause any problems in the system, they will be removed from the computer. Thus, you also need not worry about erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working.

The system restore

Have you tried the system restore method? This is an alternative solution that can be used if erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working. You will have to do the restore to the factory settings, so that all the infections and other installed components of the system will be removed and the operating system will be as good as new. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

A boot scan

If erasing the hard drive with recovery disc is not working, then a boot scan will help you to solve the situation. The boot scan can be done with the help of the Quick Heal antivirus. When the boot scan is started in the system, the computer will be restarted and the scanning will take place before the startup of the operating system. All the infections will be eradicated with the help of this method.