Thread: Send an email to a user logs

Send an email to a user logs

Hello,
    I have a Linux server (Debian Etch) and I am very concerned about his safety. Send me an email each time a user logs into SSH or Shell in Direct with information such as the user on which the person has logged on, the IP address and time. I do not know if this is possible, but I think it can be very handy. How can I do this. If you have any idea then please let me know.

Re: Send an email to a user logs

Hello,
    You can specify in
    Code:
    / etc / passwd
    the shell to launch the connection of a user. You just have to specify your start script, then / bin / bash for example. I think this is solution works very well. The information that you want to recover are already in the logs (/ var / log / auth.log). Look at the side of logwatch. Even this may help you.

Hello,
    Even I would love something like this. I managed by changing the configuration file sh: / etc / sh / shrc. I simply inserted the command to send the mail. What is good is that it is also the user who sent the mail is one that connects. If you have any more queries regarding this you can post back and we will try to solve your problem.

Hello,
    Unless the user knows that there a bit just uncomment the line that appeals to zsh bash where to go in or go for another solution. The solution of looking through the logs is still much more "pro". A typical user does not have write permission on / etc / passwd nor / etc / sh / shrc. You can even try this solution.

Hello,
    Change the name of the superuser does not do anything, except to confuse. And how come there are only root has access to your server? You have many users who connect through ssh? Well he can use the chsh (1). chsh relies on / etc / shells for the list of shells allowed. And security by obscurity is never a good choice. I guess this solution helps you.