Thread: Protocol stack to wireless adapter binding fails on multiple Windows 7 systems

Protocol stack to wireless adapter binding fails on multiple Windows 7 systems

I have two laptops which are installed with Windows 7 operating system. Both the laptops work properly with internal wireless adapters but do not work with external wireless adapter connected to it. When the external wireless adapter is connected to the laptop, the system gives an error saying "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter". I cannot understand why I am getting such error when the external wireless adapter is connected to both the systems. The external wireless adapter which I am using is Linksys. So if anybody knows why the IP Protocol stack to wireless adapter binding fails on multiple Windows 7 systems

Re: Protocol stack to wireless adapter binding fails on multiple Windows 7 systems

Check if the drivers for the external wireless adapter are installed and working on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. The drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work at all. To check if the drivers are installed and working on the computer. To check if the drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on my computer and go to device manager. Check if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs.

Re: Protocol stack to wireless adapter binding fails on multiple Windows 7 systems

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issues with many of the manufacturers of the devices. Due to this compatibility issue many devices do not work properly in Windows 7. This compatibility issue rises due to unavailability of appropriate drivers which are supported by windows 7. To make the device work properly in Windows 7 environment, visit the official website of the manufacturer and download the latest drivers which are available for the device which you are using and which are supported by Windows 7. After installing appropriate drivers, the device will work properly.

Are there any security softwares installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem. All the security softwares have basic working principle to block the unknown traffic which is originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic or the application which is desired by the User is also blocked. To solve such problem, you will have to disable the real time shield of the security software and then check if the external wireless adapter is working properly or not.

Yes I have installed Kaspersky antivirus on the computer and as suggested I disabled the real time shield of the antivirus while connecting the external wireless adapter but still the Windows gives the same error when the device is connected. Can this be because of the faulty wireless network adapter? Is there any other way to make the wireless adapter work on the computer? Please help.

No the Wireless adapter which you are using is not faulty. Kaspersky antivirus which you are using tends to create problem while protocol binding after it has been installed on the computer. The internal wireless adapters on the laptop are working because Kaspersky was installed after the installation of internal wireless adapter. To make the external wireless adapter work, remove the kaspersky antivirus and all its related files from the computer and then connect the external wireless adapter. Install the drivers. Now you wont the get the same error.