Thread: "Disconnected network drive" in virtual pc guest

"Disconnected network drive" in virtual pc guest

Day before yesterday I have copied 4 gigabyte from the DVD drive on the host and it has taken 7 hours for doing this but it was successful. But now when I am trying to copy the 8 gigabytes from the folder that is showing up a disconnected network drive and it is concerning to a third dome with over 8 hours remaining and the process is extremely slow. In I need the help related to the "Disconnected network drive" in virtual pc guest.

Re: "Disconnected network drive" in virtual pc guest

Well according to me the shared folder function within the virtual PC is really very buggy. I will suggest you to setup a network and it will better if you transfer files with the network shares. Well you are allowed to change the network configuration of the virtual machine within the setting of the virtual machine. May be this will be helpful.

Thanks for your reply currently I have setup the network and now transferring the files with the network shares. I have also changed the network configuration of the virtual machine. But now I want to give you some more trouble. I need some more information virtual PC in the network.

VPC in the network if there are three options to enable the network model, the characteristics of each network are as follows:
    1. Local mode:
    On the host (non-virtual machine) running on all virtual machines can access each other. Host and virtual machine can not access.
    2. Shared Network mode (NAT):
    As long as the virtual machine enabled NAT mode, the virtual machine to access external network. Also in the virtual machine and host to add the same default gateway and DNS.
    3. Simulation host card mode:
    This is a virtual machine to access external network the most simple model, the principle is the virtual machine on a physical network card, same as another even where the network into the host computer, and host on the same network. As long as the IP and host the same network segment, DNS / default gateway and host configuration are the same, they can host another visit.

NAT is usually used in this virtual machine to the two network cards. The first one for the NAT. One for internal network connections, network connections within the equivalent of a local model of the virtual machine. In this two-enabled network card virtual machine configuration "Routing and Remote Access", the other virtual machines can be configured with NAT through this virtual machine on a public network. Simply NAT is connected to a host port.