Thread: Quick way to reset all security permissions to default in windows 7

Quick way to reset all security permissions to default in windows 7

I have been using windows 7 since last two months and some of the security permissions have been changed and i would like to get back the security permissions to default quickly. Please tell me how to go about this problem since i am quiet a new to . i would really appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Re: Quick way to reset all security permissions to default in windows 7

To restore security setting for Home editions, either use the Microsoft Fix, System Restore or a backup.Note After security settings are applied, you cannot undo the changes without restoring from a backup. If you are uncertain about how to restore your security settings to the default settings, you must make a complete backup that includes the System State (the registry files). Items that are reset include NTFS file system files and folders, the registry, policies, services, permissions , and group membership.

Dr. V Guest

Try the steps which i have mentioned below in order to restore all security permissions to default in windows 7

1. Go to Start Menu and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    2. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
    3. Now you will be asked the password to the administrator provide the same or click continue if it does not ask the administrator password
    4. Type the following command secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    5. Press the enter Key

I would recommend you to download and install the microsoft fixit utility if certain security had a negative effect on the system. It is an automatic fix which is available in english for all the version of windows. You can also run the fixit application from a flash drive or from a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.

This is quiet an easy task so to achieve this you only need to run the following command in the command prompt try to perform the following instructions on your system.
    1. Open the command prompt by right clicking it and running it as the administrator
    2. secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    3. Then press the enter key.

This can be achieved by restoring back your system to a date where the certain security settings were not applied and hence i would recommend you not to change the security settings if you are not very much familiar about the security settings. Hope that this will definitely help you to restore the security settings to the default.