Thread: Migrated from Virtual PC, Cannot connect to VPN anymore

Migrated from Virtual PC, Cannot connect to VPN anymore

Hello Guys,

I need your help to sort out my query related to the Virtual PC and VPN. Recently I did the migration from MS VPC 2007 to the Windows Virtual PC. The operating system of host is Windows 7 64 and the Operating system of guest is Windows 7 32. I am getting problem whenever I use the VPN connection which is from my workplace to host. I am not able to create this VPN connection. I immediately get error message saying that 'Connection failed with error 619'. If you have any solution over this VPN connection issue, then please try to share it with me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Migrated from Virtual PC, Cannot connect to VPN anymore

It may happened that you have not properly installed the Windows Virtual PC on your system. And because of this issue you are getting error while the establishment of VPN connection. The ultimate solution over this VPN connection issue is to reinstall the Windows Virtual PC. I hope this will definitely solve your VPN connection issue.

I think you are getting this error because of authentication failure. VPN connections allows an authenticated user to isolate and inspect its configuration to see if it presents no risk. Then, and only if it complies, it will have access to the internal network of the company. The addition of the inspection station can significantly reduce the risk of attacks against the VPN.

VPNs use authenticated links to make sure that only authorized users can connect to your network, and they use encryption to make sure that others cannot intercept and cannot use data that travels over the Internet. Windows XP achieves this security by using Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) or Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP). So your OS might have some issue.

Please go through the following some solution to resolve the VPN connection error:
    • Try the reinstallation of Windows Virtual PC.
    • Use correct authentication method for VPN connection.
    • Try to change the network adapter to local NIC.