Thread: Hyper-v fails to "install"

Hyper-v fails to "install"

Hello Friends,

I am using the Dell R410 PowerEdge system which integrated with 8GB RAM. I have to install the Hyper-v over this syctem in the way to achieve the virtualization. But whenever I try to install the Hyper-v, I immediately get an error message and the installation gets aborted. I am not able to find put the exact cause behind the Hyper-v installation failure. I wonder if you are able to help to sort out this Hyper-v issue. I would really appreciate your any help.

Re: Hyper-v fails to "install"

It seems that, the installation file that you are using for Hyper-v installation is might be faulty. And because of this corrupted installation file you are not able to complete the Hyper-v installation. In the way to solve this installation issue you need to try installation with another setup file for Hyper-v. Please try this solution, it will definitely works for you.

According to me your 'Dell R410 PowerEdge' system is may comprises some hardware or software issue. And this issue don't allows you to complete the Hyper-v installation. I think you need to contact the service center of your computer system. This is the safest way to sort out the hardware issue. If you computer system is under warranty period, then try to replace it.

Hi friend,

I was also having the same issue while the installation of the Hyper-v. At that time one of my friend suggested me to scan your computer system with updated antivirus application. I did the same thing as per his suggestion, and I found 15 virus after the scanning. Then I again tried the installation of Hyper-v, and I didn't get any error at this time. I think same issue might happened with you also.

Please try following things to resolve the Hyper-v installation problem:
    • Try installation with new Hyper-v setup file.
    • Use updated antivirus application.
    • Contact nearest Dell service center.