Thread: Run Windows 7 Virtual PC without XP Mode

Run Windows 7 Virtual PC without XP Mode

Hello friends,

I need your help to sort out my query related to the Virtual PC. I have to make migration for a Virtual PC which is created in Virtual PC 2007 over into the Windows 7 Virtual PC. But my actual question is that, is it possible install new Virtual PC without XP mode?. I have tried many procedure for that same, but nothing was helpful. If you know any way to run Windows 7 Virtual PC without XP Mode, then please let me know that. I would greatly appreciate your any help.

Re: Run Windows 7 Virtual PC without XP Mode

I think there is no console available for Windows 7 Virtual PC. For example, go to Start, then click over the 'All Programs' and then you need to select 'Windows Virtual PC' option from there. Here you can see the empty Virtual Machines folder for your profile. You will also notice that the menu bar which comprises 'Create virtual machine' option. Then select over start the wizard in the way to create new virtual machine.

For you information in release version of Windows 7 the Windows Virtual PC doesn't included . Virtual PC emulates a PC standard and its associated hardware. Thus, it can be used to host almost all operating systems available for PCs. However, concerns may arise when installing systems uncommon that have not been studied specifically during the development of Virtual PC.

If you don't require Windows XP Mode, then you don't need to download it. After installation of update, next step is to enable WVPC which is from the from 'Programs and Features' options. Then next step is to create new virtual machine with the help of existing vhd file. If you have to prefer VPC 2007, then you need to uninstall WVPC.

As per my information you can not run Windows 7 Virtual PC without XP Mode. Virtual PC also uses signals hosted system calls (especially when specific extensions are installed) to accelerate emulation with the host environment. Virtual PC is forced to emulate a processor CISC used by Intel so that the processor speed of the virtual machine is about 4 times lower than that of the physical processor machine.