Thread: Cannot ping Hyper-V Server after reboot

Cannot ping Hyper-V Server after reboot

Hi friends,
    I am facing the problem of the network connection while using the Hyper-V Server. After the reboot, I am not able to call the remote server by name or address. I have tried to do many things but nothing of then worked for me . In short I cannot ping Hyper-V Server after reboot. I think that you guys might have fixed such types of issues, so please fix my issue as soon as possible.!!
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: Cannot ping Hyper-V Server after reboot

The following is a quick guide to configure Windows 2008 networking was OVH server running the Hyper-V role :
    1. On the Hyper-V host
    2. Create an internal virtual network in the Hyper-V network manager
    3. Assign an IP address 1.2 to the private network interface
    4. Enable IP Forwarding
    5. Add static MAC entry
    6. Specify Add route to VM
    7. Reboot 1.6 Hyper-V host to activate IP Forwarding
    8. Create a VM connected to the internal virtual network

Create an internal virtual network in the Hyper-V network manager, by following the given steps :
    Assign an IP address to the private network interface :
    • Address: 192.168.1.1
      Netmask: 255.255.255.0
      No default route

Enable IP Forwarding
    Edit the registry entry FOLLOWING. 1 turns IP forwarding on, 0 turns it off.
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Servic es \ Tcpip \ Parameters
        Value Name: IPEnableRouter
        Value type: REG_DWORD
        Value Data: 1

The issue of load balancing in Hyper V is somewhat complicated, NLB works capa2 level whether you configure Unicast Multi or, so to configure the MAC address assigned bindea at that time with the interface ip red.Cual is the problem? Hyper V assigns default Mac Address Dynamics, for which the MAC address can change. To solve the inconvenience you should set up a Static MAC address of network interfaces of virtual machines in Hyper V. When you configure the Hyper-v, assigned the tarjeta2. Once you create a virtual machine, within this I get a new network card "virtual".

To check how it is configured RDP service and see if we can connect from a client in Terminal run the following command:
    cscript C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Scregedit.wsf / ar / v
    If the result is 0 (zero) means that it is enabled. If the answer is 1 (one) means that currently it is disabled. To enable it run the following command:
    cscript C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ Scregedit.wsf / ar 0
    If you want to connect from clients who do not have the new version of Terminal client may fail because by default it is enabled with high security. To disable this feature you can run the following command:
    cscript C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Scregedit.wsf / cs 0

To enable remote administration is necessary to run two commands locally on the server Hyper-V, one for enabling the WMI through the firewall if you do not need disable it and another to enable users and groups management to DCOM connection.
    advfirewall netsh firewall set rule group = "Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)" new enable = yes
    net localgroup "Distributed COM Users" / add domain / user
    If you run these commands probably "Access Denied" when you can connect from another server with Windows Server 2008. Here we end the installation of the service locally on the Hyper-V, the rest of the configuration can be done remotely from Windows Vista or another Windows Server 2008.