Thread: What's the ideal way to get HD video from my DirecTV box to my PC

What's the ideal way to get HD video from my DirecTV box to my PC

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have a lot of football games that is been downloaded to the hdd of my Direct TV box. Its getting full. The thing is that I have a bluray burner on my desktop machine and wants it to get a collection by burning the same. How can I connect the Direct TV box to my PC. Can anyone give a specific idea so that I can make the things to work out possible.

Well to say that there is actually no way through which you can make the things to work out essentially well for the same. It is not possible to get the quality High definition video from Direct TV HD DVR to PC for archiving. Infact there are video captures cards but for the same that is for HD output from DVR through component would be 480i been analog. Its difficult to get the original quality.

You can use the HR-21 model component in order to get the data in encrypted format and then you can make the archives to get worked out for the same. This would help in making the data that you want to get archived or moved on to the same and then process out the encrypted data to the system. The quality content may be a issue but can get the thing.

Re: What's the ideal way to get HD video from my DirecTV box to my PC

The issue could be sorted out by making the system connected to the system in order to look out for the same. The system could be connected t the Direct TV box converter cables. This would then help in making the things that is getting the data to get transferred. Look out for the component through which you may get the process in order to get executed.

Re: What's the ideal way to get HD video from my DirecTV box to my PC

You can make the things to work out by processing to function. This is Start -> Network -> Network and Sharing Center. There is two items should get Media Share and Directv2PC working. This will then enable to sort the issue in order to process the same. You may then be able to get the Direct TV box in the network sharing in order to work out.