Thread: Install network printer without administrator password

Install network printer without administrator password

Hello,
    I have installed Windows 7 on a corporate network and i want to allow the users of the network to install the network printer without the administrator password. So, is this possible in Windows 7 operating system? If you know the solution or the procedure to do this, then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Install network printer without administrator password

Hello,
    You can easily do this by adding the domain profile to the administrator group. You have to do this in the local windows 7 machine. Once you have finished with this then you will need to install the printer again on this machine. This will allow all the users on the network to install the printer without the need of administrator password. In this process if you get an error message then post the message here.

Hello,
    Before suggesting you any thing I would like to ask, are the network printers in a domain? If you do not have one then you will have to create a new profile and add this profile to the print group, which is used to add the printers. I think the local administrator do not have all the privilege to add the printers to this, so you will need to contact the network administrator to do the same. I guess you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Hello,
    All the users have a domain profile and the printers are a part of this domain. I am in one of the IT networks set in the network. Truly speaking I have not quite understood your problem, what you are trying to say is that if all the users need to access the printer then the users should be added to the printer group or the profile which is being created. Is this what you mean? If not then please explain me in details. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    If you need to install any of the domain resources that are available in your network then you will have to log on to the machine via the domain profile (domain resources such as network printer). Also note that the domain profile should have enough permission. So, first you will have to check if the domain profile has enough permission so that users can install any programs or access the network printer.

Hello,
    If you have not added the domain profile to the administrator group the please add the domain profile to the administrator group. You will have to do this on the local windows 7 machine. If you have not done this please do it and if you get any error message then post it. We will try to solve the error message, but for that you will have to try something first. I hope you will do this.