Thread: Cannot change Wireless (SPOOF) MAC address on Windows 7

Cannot change Wireless (SPOOF) MAC address on Windows 7

Hello everyone, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. Recently I changed the Network interface card of the computer as the previous network card was faulty. The new network card is has wireless capability. After changing the network interface card, I am not able to access Internet as network connection is linked to the old MAC address. Therefore I tried to clone the Mac address of the new network card but I Cannot change wireless (SPOOF) MAC address on Windows 7. I cant understand why I am not able to do so. Any solutions/suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Cannot change Wireless (SPOOF) MAC address on Windows 7

As the network connection to the computer is linked to the Mac address of the old network interface card, you can contact your ISP and get the network connection linked to the Mac address of the new interface card. Once the network connection is linked to the Mac address of the new interface card, you will be able to access Internet on the computer without any problems. Therefore there is no need to change or clone the Mac address of the new interface card.

The procedure for changing the MAC address of the network interface card in Windows 7 is same as the procedure to change the Mac address in Windows XP. To change the MAC address of the network adapter follow the steps below :-
    1. Click on Start.
    2. Select Control panel.
    3. Select Device manager.
    4. Click on Network adapter.
    5. Click on Advanced properties
    6. Now enter the Network Address in the text box provided.
    Apply the settings.

As suggested I tried changing the MAC address of the new network interface card but it did not work. I entered the old MAC address in the Text box and then applied the settings but still I am not able to access the Internet on the computer. So I want to ask, is there any other method for changing the MAC address of the network card? Please help.

Have you installed Windows 7 drivers for the network adapter? If yes then it could be the problem. Drivers which are available for Windows 7 do not support the changing of Mac address of the network interface card of the computer. It is blocked purposely by the developers. To be able to change the Mac address of the network interface card of the computer, remove the currently installed drivers and then install the drivers for Windows XP. Windows XP drivers support the change of MAC address of the Network interface card and hence will be helpful for you.