Thread: Domain Computers are disconnecting from the Mapped drive randomly SBS 2008

Domain Computers are disconnecting from the Mapped drive randomly SBS 2008

Hi there!
    We provide support to a small landscaping firm, we recently installed Windows 2008 SBS which has issue with keeping it's connection stable. When a user will be working on a document on the server or quick books, the computer will loose connection to the file, thus you will loose all your work if you haven't saved the file. They have four desktop which are on the domain. The server acts as a domain controller and a storage place.

I want to say Thanks in advance and if you have additional questions please respond to the thread and I will be happy to provide more details.

Thanks
    Last edited by ZainAbideen; 08-07-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Re: Domain Computers are disconnecting from the Mapped drive randomly SBS 2008

First of all you have to tell us that are you using hard-wired or using wireless connection. If it's wireless, it could be power management issues. If it's a DNS related problem, mapping to the IP address directly is a good way to test. You can also try to turn off IPv6 and check whether it works or not.

Thanks for the reply Zachary!

All the computers are hardwired. Also, the power settings are set to where it will never sleep or turn off the hard drive. I personally think turning off IPV6 is not a good because Server 2008 requires that to be turned on. We initially had it turned off but the server would take forever to boot up.

Also, we created a microsoft ticket to help us out but they were not able to resolve the issue. They told us to replace cables and switches and NIC card on the server, which we did today. So, I am hoping that it will work.

Please, keep the answers coming.

Have you ensured that you have installed Windows 2008 SP2? Try something like in the NPS - policies - network policy - TSG Maker - Access policy

click grant access and uncheck "ignore user account dial-in".

and for the user:
    check out this link:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc775130.aspx

Here I want to share the way I had created a network drive. It is recommended that there must be a wired connection. First types taskchd.msc in the run box of Window and the choose Create Task from the Action pane. Now in the general tab I had gone on the Create Task and added DriverCheck as the name of task. I had choosen When I log in in Trigger tab and then Start a program is the last action. Now in cmd type command /c cd <type the letter of drive you want to map.