Thread: Connecting to Citrix Access Gateway VPN Windows 7

Connecting to Citrix Access Gateway VPN Windows 7

Hello friends,
    I am working in the At&t Mobility. One of our customer is using Blackberry 9000 Bold on his Dell computer which has Windows 7 32bit OS. Problem is that he is unable to connect to his VPN through Connection Manager software which is provided by us. When we connect to VPN, we are not able to browse. I don't know why there is problem in connecting to Citrix Access Gateway VPN Windows 7? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Connecting to Citrix Access Gateway VPN Windows 7

Have you get following symptoms:
    After you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to log on to a server that is running Routing and Remote Access, you may be unable to connect to the Internet.
    This issue may occur if you configure the VPN connection to use the default gateway on the remote network. This setting overrides the default gateway settings that you specify in your Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) settings.
    I hope this will help you.

Hey I also had the same problem, but I unable to find correct solution. I tried to configure my new laptop which has Windows 7 and then I tried to check whether CAG worked or not with the Communications Manager. I found that it works properly. After that I take my old laptop and tried to do same setting with it, but I unable to do this. After that I format my computer and then tried again. This time it works properly.

I think you have configure the VPN connection to use the default gateway on the remote network and that's why you are getting such type of problem. To resolve this issue, configure the client computers to use the default gateway setting on the local network for Internet traffic and a static route on the remote network for VPN-based traffic.

You have to use following four steps to fix this problem.
    Step 1: Configure the Server That Is Running Routing and Remote Access to Use a Static IP Address Pool. (for Windows 2000 Server)
    1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Routing and Remote Access.
    2. Right-click the server that is running Routing and Remote Access, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the IP tab, click Static address pool, and then click Add.
    4. Type the start of the Internet Protocol (IP) address range in the Start IP address box, type the end of the IP address range in the End IP address box, and then click OK.
    5. Click to select the Enable IP routing check box (if it is not already selected).
    6. Click OK.
    7. Enable TCP/IP forwarding.

Step2: Configure the VPN Client TCP/IP Properties.
    To disable the Use Default Gateway on Remote Network setting in the VPN dial-up connection item on the client computer:

1. Double-click My Computer, and then click the Network and Dial-up Connections link.
    2. Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Networking tab, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the Components checked are used by this connection list, and then click Properties.
    4. Click Advanced, and then click to clear the Use default gateway on remote network check box.
    5. Click OK, click OK, and then click OK.

Step3: On the client computer, connect to the Internet, and then establish a VPN connection to the server that is running Routing and Remote Access.

Step4: Add a Static Route on the Client
    Add a static route on the client computer that uses the following configuration:

* The remote network is the destination.
    * The correct subnet mask is used for the remote network.
    * The first IP address from the static IP address pool that you configured in the "Step 1: Configure the Server That Is Running Routing and Remote Access to Use a Static IP Address Pool" section of this article is the gateway.