Thread: File sharing between a MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7 professional

File sharing between a MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7 professional

Hello friends,
    I have two different computer, one has MAC OSX 10.5.8 and another has windows 7 professional. I want to view file that is located in the Windows 7 computer from my Mac computer, but I unable to do this. I tried following method but nothing worked out. Please help me in file sharing between a MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7 professional.
    Thank you.

- I tried to on SMB sharing
    - I tried to give same workgroup name for both PC and MAC

Re: File sharing between a MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7 professional

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First you have to change the NTLM authentication level. You can find ths in the following link:
    Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
    2.Now for changing the policy, go to start button -> now go to the search option -> now type "gpedit.msc" and press ok. If you get this, then open it and locate to:
    Code:
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
    3.Now change the value to “Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”.
    That's it.

Use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First go to Start button -> now go to search option -> now type "seclpol" and press enter.
    2.Now go to "Local Policies" and then go to "Security Options".
    3.Now open "Network security: LAN Manager Authentication".
    4.Now change the level to : Send LM # LTLM Responses
    5.Now go to Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP.
    6.Now here you have to deselect "Require 128-bit encryption" and press enter.

Hey you have to use following setting to share file between MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7.
    Setting in Windows7
    Section I, open LAN sharing.

Right-click the task bar on the "Network" icon, open the "Network and Sharing Center."
    Click below the ring network, to change it to "work network"
    And then "Change advanced settings to share"
    Open the "home or work" settings,
    Press the map to set:
    Save the changes, open the "Computer / Network", will see their computer name and the system public folders,
    Can share the files you want to drag the public folder, the Apple system where you can read it.

Section II, setting the specified shared folder or shared partition.

Of course, you can set their own shared folder or the entire district, methods of operation continue to look down.
    Enumerated under Windows7 how to set the shared folder, click the screenshot below step by step operation:
      a,Right you want to share a folder, choose "Properties", "shared / Advanced Sharing"
    After the completion of five steps, all points "OK" followed by closing the open windows.
      b,Then again modify shared folder permissions:
    Point "security", "Edit", "Advanced / Add / Find" in the search results selected "Everyone”,
    Completed seven steps, all points "OK" and then click Close the open windows.
    WithoutbSet permissions, what will happen? See next map:

Thus, Windows7 under the shared folder settings to complete.
      Sharing the same way throughout the districtPlease write them, I will not repeat it.
    Then, restart about Apple systems, open the Finder, the left column will be able to directly see the name of a shared computer.
    If not, see the following diagram to the network, automatically search; or "Go / Connect Server" in the Server Address box
    Enter: smb: / / Windows computer name, you can open.

Settings in the snow leopard
    The above mentioned is the shared folder Windows7 systems approach to the Apple system, how to share the snow leopard in the folder to the Windows do?
    More simple, I believe most of my friends are. By the way here, too:
    Open "System Preferences", click "Sharing"
    Check the "file sharing", shared folders list in the next point "+" to add the folder you want to share, set read and write permissions;
    Then click open the "Options", check "Use SMB (Windows) to share files and folders" to complete.
    Upon completion, the network can be seen in the Windows file sharing snow leopard.
    Thus, the snow leopard and two-way sharing of files Windows7 completed.

Use following steps to share file between MAC OSX 10.5.8 and windows 7 professional.
    1. Prepare Windows Seven.

We will start preparing Windows Seven, First I said it is better to use the Windows account with a password (especially when it is sharing with wifi.)
    So, first thing, if not already done so, create a password for your account windows.

First method: Select the folder you want to share (It is recommended to the root of your hard drive sharing ..), Right click, properties.
    Tab, sharingClick "Share", Then add either" Everyone "or" Group Residential Computer "(as needed);

Second method: The second method is used to protect a little more sharing, in my example, I limit the number of Users to 1. Click on "Advanced Sharing ...", and set the folder access. Windows is ready, now turn on MAC OS Leopard.

2. Find the Windows network via MAC OS Leopard.
    If you've ever tried with the network of mac os, you've probably noticed that mac os is sometimes difficult to find the network windows.

Therefore I shall not pass through the interface "network" but I'll direct access to my network via the Finder windows and "Connect to Server".
    In the new window you just type smb: / / ip address of your Windows Seven.

Click "Log"
    Voila, you're almost there, to do some tests, verify that the account prompt does not give access to your files.
    Other small check, try logging in without entering your password.
    It's OK, enter the password of your Windows session and log.
    A new window opens and you see your files being shared on windows, select them and press OK.
    Your records have logged into your Mac
    Quick test to check if you have the right to write (or privilege), create a new folder.
    And here it is finished, little more for users of Istat Pro, your files are set, this allows for faster access.
    Last little thing to note, if your disk is formatted DATA Windows NTFS you must install a program to allow you to read and write this format.

PS: The records do not remain when cutting / start / restart the machine, against SMB is the address in memory, you do not need more than 10 seconds to reconnect to the network.